How to Select Guides and Set Up Guide Trains
Today we’re going to be discussing everything that you need to know about How to Select Guides and Set Up Guide Trains with Mike Garone, of Garone Custom Rods and Tackle.
Powered by RedCircle
Guides and Guide Trains
Various styles and their advantages/disadvantages
- Single foot
- Double foot
Materials and the pros and cons
- Stainless steel
- Coated steel
- Is there a best finish for fishing rod guides?
What to consider when ordering guides
- Best fishing rod guides for braided lines
- Best fishing rod guides for saltwater
- frame material
Why is setting up the perfect guide train important?
Pros and cons to each guide train:
1. Conventional Guide Train
2. New Guide Concept
3. Micro Guide Train
4. Spiral or Acid Wrap Guide Train
5. Double-Footed Guide Train
6. Single-Footed Guide Train